Saturday, March 29, 2008

Am I Crazy?


I have been reading up on cloth diapering. It's really not like it was years ago when I was a baby. I must say that I am deeply intrigued and seriously considering doing this for baby #2. Am I crazy?


Pros:


eco/environmentally friendly

cheaper

washable/reusable

stinkin' cute!


Cons:


more laundry for me to do

initial start-up fee is lotsa $$$

scooping poop out of diapers is rather gross if you think about it

did I mention, more laundry for me to do?


I'm still in the decision making process. HM actually said that this might be a good option (probably because he sees it as being *cheaper* in the long-run). He said that if we decide to do it, we're going to do it (in other words, we are not going to switch back to Pampers). The cloth diaper that I really like is pictured above. It actually fits babies up to 35 pounds (newborns included)!!!! It also comes in a variety of colors. Cute, cute, cute!!






4 comments:

Mandy said...

You are a braver woman than me for even considering cloth diapers, I was wondering do cloth diapers cause more diaper rashes??

Jill said...

Good question....def something I need to research:)

Unknown said...

Cloth diapers cause LESS diaper rashes!!!! (another pro)
I have considered it with all three, but my hubby (who I make change diapers) said he would NOT change cloth diapers! But I am still trying to convince him. I have had lots of friends use them and have said wonderful things about, plus no pins anymore!
good luck with the decision making.

oh to answer the question...
You are NOT crazy for thinking about it :)

Jill said...

Thanks Megan:0)

Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker