I am so sorry that I've left my little bloggie alone for so long. I am back at work now. For those of you who don't know, I am a speech-language pathologist working in a school system with children who have autism. I just left a neighboring county to come to work in my home county, so things are all a little new and overwhelming to me (which would explain my absence here). On another note, Lil Diva started pre-k. This has been somewhat of an emotional week for both of us, especially since we've been stuck together like glue all summer. We are, however, adjusting as best we can.
On the adoption front...still no news. I just checked the ticker at the bottom of this blog and it says that we have been waiting exactly 11 months. Got the paperwork to update our homestudy today. Just another thing to add to my ever-expanding/never-ending list of things to do. Even with all this stuff going on, I am finally at a place in this wait where I am feeling complete peace. I don't feel sad, anxious, depressed....I feel peaceful. Perhaps God is giving me so much to do to keep my mind off of waiting. If so, He has certainly accomplished His goal. Thanks to those of you who always offer your prayers and words of support. Keep 'em coming since they seem to really be working. Until next time.....
Jill
Making Bets
-
I really liked this piece on how our brain is in a constant state of
betting on the future in real time. The hed and dek sort of says it all:
“Your brain d...
10 hours ago





.jpg)
1 comment:
been missing you here and at church. We've been in a crazy place ourselves. I am still praying for your adoption process. Keep us posted.
Post a Comment