Sunday, August 24, 2008

The Diva Has Big Dreams...


At lunch today, she proudly announced what she wants to be when she grows up. We, as supportive parents (who have heard this speech umpteen times), quickly perk up our ears and wait for her *big announcement* like it was the first time she ever said it. Here it is for your reading pleasure:


Diva: "Know what I want to be when I grow up?"


Me: "Ooooooh, you have decided what you want to be again."


Diva: "Yup" uttered proudly as she puffs her chest out.


Hunky Man: "What are you going to be?"


Diva: "A balloon."


Hunky Man: trying to stifle chuckles as Lil Diva glares at him for his response to her career choice.


Me: "Ummm...., okay, but if you are a balloon, then that means you could pop or float away forever into the atmosphere (at which point you will most definately pop and fall to the ground and be thrown away as trash)."


Diva: eyes widening in disbelief and absolute horror.


Me: feeling witty and victorious in teaching my child that being a balloon is no career.


Diva: makes a great comeback by adding "Okay then, well I guess I have to be a desk."


Not a lawyer, dancer, teacher, or even a doctor. My daughter aspires to be a party favor or furniture. Oy!


1 comment:

Rachael said...

As long as she wants to be a red balloon, I'm happy. :-)

"99 Red Balloons... "

Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker