Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Mommy, why is your belly broken?

We've always been very open with Lil Diva about the fact she was adopted. We celebrate this with her. She knows that she didn't grow in my belly. She does know that she grew in her birthmother Lilac's belly. We have told her that I can't grow babies in my belly because it is broken. Here is a snip-it from the conversation we had as I was tucking her into bed this evening:

Lil Diva: "Mama, why is your belly broken?"

Me: "That's just the way God made me."

Lil Diva: "Why did he make you with a broke belly?"

Me: "It was part of His great plan."

Lil Diva: "If He didn't make your belly broke, you wouldn't have me."

Me: (astonished and proud) "Very true, and I don't think my belly could have held anything as special and perfect as you."

*She was so much worth the wait. The years of infertility, failed treatments, pain, and heartache. God could not have given us a more perfect child. I know that He is planning something great again...He is preparing our precious Teeny One. Oh, how I long for the day to meet him or her. God, I trust you on this. You didn't fail me before and I know you won't fail me this time.

3 comments:

Rachael said...

Sniffle. I adore you.

Thank you for sharing such a sweet and perfect, albeit "broken" story.

Unknown said...

God is great! He is greater than we can know. I have often wondered what would have happened to me if I was not adopted. I can't imagine having better parents. Lil Diva will haev the same feelings when she gets older I'm sure.
We, too, are praying for your perfect Wee One.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. Thank you for reminding us that God has a plan for every one of us. xoxo

Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker