Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

Just taking time to reflect on the things I am thankful for while I enjoy my first cup of coffee of the morning. There are truly so many things...it is impossible to name them all. Here are just a few things that come to my mind:

The Big Things:

-God....My heavenly Father...You have stuck with me through thick and thin. Some days, I don't even want to hang out with myself. You do, however, regardless of what my thoughts, words, and actions are.
-My husband....we've been married 9 wonderful years today...Happy Anniversary, Babe!
-My beautiful daughter....the fruition of all of our prayers....the absolute joy of our lives.
-My house....as much as it needs to be worked on, renovated, updated, etc....I am thankful that it provides us a warm, inviting place to make memories (even if I don't have the granite countertops and nice cabinets I so desire:).
-My friends, both online and in "real life"....thanks for words of comfort, kindness, and reassurance.

The Little Things:

-A cup of coffee to sip when I wake up in the morning.
-Sugar-free hazelnut creamer.
-Whole grain bagels with low-fat cream cheese...yum!
-Sloppy kisses from our dogs.
-Clean laundry (whether it has been folded and put away or not).
-When my daughter wakes us up every weekend at 6:57 a.m. on..the..dot! Even on mornings when my body wants just a few more minutes of sleep and she refuses to play by herself.
-Playing board games a million times a night with my husband and daughter...especially Ants in the Pants and Candyland!
-Bed-time stories.
-Listening to good music.
-Prayer group and fellowship time with my girls...even (and especially) when we get off topic and just discuss "life".
-Naps!
-Starbucks!!

I could keep going on and on. However, my little girl just told me that she loves hanging out with me. That is her subtle way of coaxing me off of my computer to come play with her. Love and blessings to you all. May you find thankfulness with all of the big and little things in your lives!!!

♥Jill

No comments:

Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker