Last night we (Hunky Man & I) officially celebrated Valentine's Day by going on a date. Lil Diva is with the grandparents, so we took advantage of our alone time. It's great to get that one-on-one time with Hunky Man. But it is also pretty lonely not wiping food off of someone's face and visiting the restroom about a hundred times (Lil Diva loves to check out every establishment's bathroom just to make sure they are *up-to-code*).Here is a breakdown of our date from the beginning:
I am checking messages on our answering machine before we leave when I notice Hunky Man has stepped out onto the front porch. Within seconds, the doorbell is ringing wildly. I (like an idiot) continue to ignore the doorbell thinking he is just trying to be funny. Turns out, HM is at the door with flowers to *pick me up* for our date. Naturally, he just lets himself in because I am oblivious and never check the door to let him in (doh!).His plans were to take us to a great (and very expensive) restaurant in the city. However, my frugal side remembers that we spent a fortune at the circus last night. So, I recommend something closer and less expensive. He quickly agrees and off we go.
Dinner and conversation were awesome. Lil Diva was the topic most of the evening as we chuckled over things she says and does. After dinner (time approximately 8:30 p.m.), we decided to ride over to see what was playing at the movie theater. When we realized the next showing of our intended movie was 10:00 p.m., we quickly rode home. FYI ~ we are over 30 with a child....bedtime is generally well before midnight for us these days!
Once home, we spent the rest of our evening watching America's Most Wanted while Hunky Man twirled my hair with his fingers (give me this over a massage anyday).
That was our big date in a nutshell! Simple, romantic, sweet! I just loved it!





.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment